Friday, August 1, 2008

61 Stairs to the Chamber




These were taken from above the Swell Chamber. I am about 65 feet from the floor. the third picture looks down to where the 32' Open Wood will be installed.


Looking straight down.
Looking across to the case of the South Chamber. The two holes are where the facade pipe feet will rest.







The Swell chamber with all the chests and winding.

Here is the organ case without the facade pipes


The 15 largest facade pipes in their towers. The angel carvings atop the middle tower are 4 feet tall.
My legs are getting a workout here in NYC. Besides the foot tour to get to work, it is a city block just to the circular stairways from the front of the building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see why LDS buildings don't look like this. We wouldn't hear a word of the meeting. Kalie and I talked about going on a "church tour" while we were in NYC. I will certainly do it next time. What a great work environment.