It must be done, and I won't feel bad if no one ever reads this, but I just have to get the last part of our trip documented before I forget everything!
Joe and I got wrapped up for Christmas- he has been gone so much that it was a welcomed situation!
We totally lucked out to have our Partridge cousins come down from Idaho- we are so blessed to have so many awesome cousins. Let's see that would be 21 on the Carter side and 21 on the Nielsen side.
Could that be right?? I think so; 42 cousins and the potential for more!
Eli had the greatest time being chased by Grandpa Nielsen all around the house, I wish we had a picture of that, because it was very endearing- he would just giggle and giggle as he ran. Too bad Papa Carter and Grandma and Grandpa Nielsen were sick while we were there, we were just glad we got to spend time with them.
| Randy and Jess making the most of the celebrations! |
We introduced Joe's family to our latest tradition of celebrating the Norwegian Lilejuleaften, or the little Christmas Eve, which would be the night before, the night before Christmas. We made the usual items and had a grand time, though we have got to find a way that our immediate family members are not the ones who find the almond in the rice pudding! This year it will not happen, I can assure you!
I have to say though, one of our favorite things about Lilejulaften is that we choose Norwegian names for everyone to have for the night, it certainly livens things up! Our kids love choosing which names to give everyone- we like to pick names that aren't very well known and are really fun to say!
We had so much fun with everyone. Joe and I went out with Jessie for Thai food and it was amazing! If anyone is in Riverton Utah you really should check out Thai Basil, you won't regret it! I can still taste that curry- oh the taste buds are still rejoicing just thinking about it!!
Unfortunately we had to wrap up the vacation at some point, and what better way than with a party! When we have the chance we love to visit with Joe's cousin Owen (one of the amazing people who Spencer is named after) and his wife Amy and her family. We especially love to be a part of their New Years Eve party, which is basically the best party around! Can't tell you how amazing the food always is and the company, well that goes with out saying! They are some of our favorite people on earth!
It was a great vacation, and now I am ready for another one!!
2 comments:
I love you two wrapped in Saran wrap! If only it was a permanent predicament! Sounds like an awesome trip. What a great bunch of family you have!
Yes you guys do look like you are enjoying being wrapped up. Now please who came up with that grand idea? Reminds me of the time my brothers stripped me (I was only 10) wrapped me in Saran wrap and placed me by the road??
Those were the good days :)
Post a Comment