Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ah yes more snow days!

Well it has really been too long since I posted anything, and I really have a million other things that I should be doing, but who wants to sort through the truckloads of paper that have invaded my house, mostly my desk, but luckily I was able to push them far enough away from the computer to sit down and type!! Besides we found all the ones that we needed to get our taxes done- too bad the government won't even start processing them for another couple of weeks.

We have now had 2 half days at school and 7 full snow days and we are still counting- I doubt very seriously that they will have school the rest of the week. The kids are stoked!!  However, the snow has impeded Kaija from having all of her Winter Guard practices. They have their first competition on Saturday up in Independence and she is feeling a little nervous. She is one of her team captains and is really enjoying it!

Joe was in Alabama and somewhere else for the last two snow storms this last month, but he lucked out this time to be shoveling 18 inches or so- that is just the average, it is no less than 12 and some places 36 inches so I guess it depends on which snow drift you are in! It took the two of us a couple of hours just to get his van out- it will probably take that much longer to get the other van out of the garage, since this is where the 3ft drifts ended up!  No worries I don't want to go anywhere anyway!!
Joe thrilled to be shoveling so he could go to work!

We have never had a blizzard before, but it was quite a crazy thing- I saw that the mailman came yesterday around 11 or so and decided finally around 2 to go out and actually get the mail. Talk about crazy, I couldn't see anything because the wind was whipping snow in my face so rapidly, I was grateful that there were no cars coming when I crossed the street, I would have only been able to detect them by full body contact!  The wind did create some awesome effects in the snow though!

The top of this cool snow drift was probably 4 feet high!



So we have our friend Dan living with us for a while and he luckily escaped on Saturday to Vegas for a couple of weeks- good thing too, because his car is going nowhere!!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

These blue-ish colored photos are phenominal Linda!!! You should blow that 4 ft. snow drift one up! (or at least send it in to CNN!!) I can't believe you got so much and we got so little. Well - the ice...another story. Yuck. Stay warm!