Thursday, June 2, 2011

So it is June

Well, here I am playing catch up again! Pathetic, I know! Wow, what have I missed??

To start with we missed recording Kaija's birthday, May 7th. 
She is 13, I now officially have two teenagers in my home and somedays it can be a wild ride, 
though most days I really do love it.  My kids are so much fun to be around.
Kaija with her cake from her school teacher Mr. Rosine- he thought it was weird that she didn't want a cake for her birthday.

Kaija invited her friend Kristin to our house on friday and I think we overwhelmed her- she is a quiet girl, but I am glad that Kaija suggested to have her come over to celebrate.

She also had all of her dreams come true...
A very blurry picture of a happy Kaija getting a sewing machine, finally!

This has to be one of my favorite pics of all time- I love Joe holding the girls hands at Powell Gardens!

We came across these beauties at the gardens- they give me the creeps but it was cool to watch them slithering along in a pack one on top of the other!

The Jurassic Garden- who knew that I brought along my own dinosaurs! Bella is our  resident impersonator, and Eli likes to join in on the fun periodically!
Spencer loves feet- he thinks they are wonderful, and he likes to suck on his big toes! Delicious!!
Final band concert for the year, Kaija on percussion and piano and flute, and Zach on trumpet.



Kaija's Winter Guard Banquet (a "formal" event).

All the gals from church at the banquet- they are all so beautiful!
So many things going on in May! It was hard to keep up with, 
but alas school is out and we are ready to get into the summer!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

again...Kaija looks SO MUCH like you!! Definitely a complimet...you are both beeeutiful! And...just the picture of those nasty snakes gave me the creeps!! EW! Miss ya!

Lynne said...

"compliment"...that arkansas stuff creeps up on me sometimes. ha!