Joseph and I had sort of an epiphany 2 weeks ago and decided it was essential to take our family to the temple in Palmyra and we are so glad that we made that decision. It was a tremendously spiritual day and the weather was a dream.
While Joseph was with the older kids at the temple, I took my two young lads to the Sacred Grove. It is truly hallowed ground and since it is the middle of the winter, there were not many other people out exploring the grove and that made it very special, and quiet and peaceful. It turns out that is exactly what I needed.
With the snow melted we got to see the vivid green of life in the Grove, it was remarkable and I couldn't keep my eyes off of it.
Spencer was delighted to be able to go exploring!
This was one of my favorite spots because you can be surrounded by peaceful quiet and hear the brooklet going by- I wish I could hear that everyday. At one spot over by the Joseph Smith farm the creek was literally making music as it navigated the rocks- Oh to be back there right now!
Eli was so sweet and wanted to wear his suit to the temple that day- he was determined to be dressed up to go through the Sacred Grove. He was enjoying all of the delightful tree shapes and roots and was just as thrilled as I was to be there.
We met up with Joe and the kids and went back into the grove with them. Zach and Eli went farther into the Grove while the rest of us used the main path and when they didn't show up on the other side I went back to find them, giving me the opportunity to be alone in the grove. Words can't describe those few minutes I had alone there; I crave that feeling of peace and contentment that I felt there. I am just so glad that we chose to put the tools down for a day and cancel everything else in our lives to be able to have a spiritual reboot, I wish it was closer so we could go all the time!
Joe and I were able to go to the temple together while the kids watched movies at the Hill Cumorah visitors center. It had been far too long since we had been together and that was rewarding in and of itself. We even saw some people who we stayed with 7 years ago when we came through this area. They are the parents of some friends from Warrensburg- the Ormes, we are certain to be seeing more of them while we are in this neck of the woods. Alas it is a small world after all!
This past Sunday morning we were greeted with these amazing icicles along the front of the house- they were beautiful, and extremely dangerous. Joe took it into his hands to remove the ones right above the door and Zach was not pleased with that destructive behavior. It was just lovely but they have since melted and now we have just a couple of patches of snow left after the rains came today.
Joe has been diligently working on the kitchen cabinets which he is building from scratch. We found some awesome stainless steel countertops which are now mostly in place and the sink is setting in place. We are nearing the time when I can actually be useful and do things like tiling and painting and flooring. When the master isn't at home I just mostly spend my time trying to keep Spencer out of the tools and new found places to hide and play. He looks forward to the moment Joseph gets home every day and jumps right in with tools in hand doing everything his dad is doing. It is so endearing!
This moment was today while watching the rain storm; he likes to ride in his boat (also known as the bathroom sink) and read his books about the "Guys". He is a superhero addict, he loves everything about them and talks about them all the time.
So its is really funny- or not depending on my frame of mind, that I feel like I have already posted about things when really all I did was compose a blog entry in my crazed little mind. Anyway I thought I would add this picture of Isabella in her fencing foil from a couple of months ago. We hope her instructor (Language Arts teacher) will do another class because Izzi had a good time learning some fencing basics.





1 comment:
You do the coolest things - in and out of your house! :)
Post a Comment