CELEBRATING FREEDOM
As I sit here thinking about the marvelous weekend we just enjoyed with my sister Barb and her family, I have to reflect on just how much I appreciate all the military families who have sacrificed so much and continue to sacrifice for our benefit. We live near and associate with so many people in the military, and though Joseph does extensive traveling with his job and has lots of time away from the family, I don't have the same worries that others have. I know that he is in a safe place and that all of his basic needs are being met, it doesn't make the separation any more wonderful, but my worries are different. I really try not to complain when he is gone for long stretches- I just remember my friends and the fact that their difficulties are far greater than mine and that I can carry on just fine. Joseph hates being away and missing all the family commotion- some moments we would both rather trade spots, but in the end I am grateful for the moments to ponder and realize and count my blessings everyday. We have so many friends and family members who have had some really difficult challenges to overcome during this last year and I just hope to be able to bear the burdens placed on me with half as much grace as I have observed them displaying!
| Fireworks at Big Cedar Lodge in Branson |
We were lucky enough to be able to celebrate the 4th with Barb and her family and friends from Nixa, MO. We did a kid swap a week or so ago where I kept Wyatt- her oldest, and she took Bella and Eli down with her. It was weird to have it so quiet around here- we accomplished a ton of stuff!
Zach, Kaija and Wyatt painted a fence for some friends at church- they did a great job and survived working in this nasty heat!!
I miss my kids dreadfully when they are away, but we joined up forces again in Nixa and spent the whole weekend partying! Swimming everyday, hanging out with friends and eating tasty food, and going down to Branson for the fireworks display at the Big Cedar Lodge (Bass Pro resort).
| After the fireworks- Spencer was still a little gun shy- he loved the sparkles, but was a little suspicious of the sound! |
| Classic Zach waiting for the fireworks to start |
There was plenty of loud music for us to enjoy since we were pretty close to the front of the party! The lodge was gorgeous and you just can't go wrong with Branson, the whole area is so beautiful- I would love to go down and soak up the scenery a little more... in the daylight!
| Spencer didn't so much like wearing the goggles- he would have rather been eating them! |
| Eli was cracking himself up by leaving the fish patch on the goggles. I think he became a fish on this trip! |
We were able to help out and take a friend up to the airport on our way home- so we took advantage and stopped at the temple for a few minutes. It wasn't nearly long enough- we will do that again when Joseph comes home! I can't wait, the whole area is going to be so gorgeous- I want it to be done now!!
Not only is the temple beautiful, but they have made my joy even more full by lining the streets with Ginko trees. It is a bizarre fetish I have, but I think the world would be a better place with more Ginko trees! I fell in love with the tree at BYU then was consumed by love of Ginko in Japan, and reinforced living in NYC where the streets are lined with them. I have spotted I think 5 locations in Warrensburg that have giant Ginko and now the temple... ah, life is good, now I really just need about a hundred in my yard!! I would make room- perhaps next year!!
Also a big thank you to all the people who take Joseph in under their wings when he is out on a job, you help make being apart a little more bearable! You are an answer to prayers!
It really helps so he isn't lonely and so I don't worry as much!


No comments:
Post a Comment