Thursday, August 26, 2010

School Begins!


First Day of School

It is hard to believe that we have 2 kids in Middle School, 
Zach is in 8th grade and Kaija is in 7th.
Isabella is our 5th grader and 
Eli is truly rocking this year in Kindergarten!

He has told me everyday so far that they didn't learn anything!  
Basically he makes me laugh!


They like to threaten the kids at the Middle School with DETENTION.  
Now if they are late, or don't have their homework, 
or forget their instruments, or smell bad or had broccoli for breakfast, they get DETENTION! 

Could be an interesting year!! 
Yes, let them fear school- it is so much better that way, right????
I think they already feel motivated to succeed!!

ONE OF ZACH'S SUMMERTIME SKETCHES
(I just thought I would add this little sketch that Zachary did, he really is quite talented)!

Anyhow, let the games begin!  
And we will see if I can actually tolerate waiting in the car rider lines this year; it is not looking good for my kids, because I find myself very annoyed with lines at 3 different schools, especially Bella's!  I will threaten them with the prospect of riding the bus again- perhaps even DETENTION!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Zach's drawing is FANTASTIC!!! btw...what size shoe does Zach wear? Kendall just moved up to a 10 from an 8!! (he just moved up to an 8 in June!!!) Help!

Nielsen Family News said...

Hey Lynne, Zach is in a 9 1/2 same basic pattern for us as well! Kaija is actually the alarming one- she wears an 8 1/2 now- that was my size in High School!!! (I guess she isn't that far from High School now- the thought is just almost too much for me!