
We have now been in New York for 6 days and we have been celebrating every minute! I knew that we would like it, but in fact we really love it. Joe has been working since Tuesday and looks forward to an adventure in "the city" every night. We have become familiar with our new favorite grocery store called Fairway- we frequent it regularly and find that the small isles and crazy check out lines are a tight squeeze for a family of six. We haven't had any rude comments, with the exception of the lady in Times Square that told Joe that he practically took her leg off with the stroller....oh yeah, and the lady at Fairway who jumped out in front of Kaija with the stroller and blamed her for running over her foot. Other than those little mishaps most people think that our children are wonderful and well behaved, which they are!
The kids have adapted to city life very well, besides the fact that their feet are tired right when we set out on our adventures each day- truthfully mine are killing me, I haven't found that perfect pair of shoes that I have been searching for just yet.
The sheer movement of people here is just amazing- with every form of transportation-reminiscent of Japan for me. Joe thinks I am overzealous in trying to keep everyone on the right side of the sidewalk- but I have a system already and it works! So three cheers for feet and the opportunity to use them!
2 comments:
I love this and look forward to keeping up with you guys. PLEASE update frequently and with LOTS of pictures!! And don't be stingy with the technical organ stuff! We dig it all!
-O.
Not sure I'll "dig" the organ stuff as much as Owen but dittos to everything else he said. This is the funnest blog ever! I'm so glad you are getting out and really absorbing NYC. That's the only way to do it! The kids will love the Met. It reminded me of the Smithsonian. A place I can get lost in. Keep up the posts.
Post a Comment